Sinusitis is an inflammation or swelling of the tissue lining the sinuses. Sinusitis or sinus infection is inflammation of the air cavities within the passages of the nose. Healthy sinuses are filled with air. But when they become blocked and filled with fluid, germs can grow and cause an infection. Sinusitis may be classified as acute sinus infection, sub-acute sinus infection, chronic sinus infection, infected sinusitis, and non-infectious sinusitis. Symptoms of sinusitis can include fever, weakness, fatigue, cough, and congestion. There may also be mucus drainage in the back of the throat, called postnasal drip. Health care professional make a diagnosis based on your symptoms and an examination of your nose and face.
- Track 1-1 Allergic rhinitis
- Track 2-2 Frontal sinus and maxillary sinus
- Track 3-3 Sinus infections
- Track 4-4 Ethmoid sinuses and sphenoid sinus
- Track 5-5 Acute and subacute sinusitis